Oaklands College is an FE college with a large, growing and successful curriculum and we are looking to recruit either a Lecturer or Coordinator within our ICT team. Please note there are different salary bandings for the roles.
Coordinator – Salary banding - £31,892- £38,089 per annum – Depending on Experience
The successful candidate will have a level 3 ICT qualification and hold a level 5 teaching qualification, previous teaching assessing experience and the delivery of functional skills Maths & English is essential.
Lecturer – Salary banding £25,181 - £30,063 per annum – Depending on Experience – Teacher Training offered
The successful candidate will have a level 3 ICT qualification, and 3 years relevant industry experience in the subject area. Ideally, candidates should hold a recognised teaching qualification, although full teacher training will be provided. We will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
This is a permanent role and will involve teaching on the ICT BTEC Level 2, 3 and 4 (higher education), covering units such as Databases, Programming, Networking, Cyber-Security, Systems Support and Software Development. Teaching Maths and English Functional Skills will also form part of this role.
It would also be an advantage if you hold professional qualifications from Microsoft, Cisco or CompTIA.
We are committed to the success of our students and aim to provide the best possible learning environment and student experience. The successful candidate for this role will have a solutions focused approach and a can do attitude.
Having your own transport will be an advantage, as the classes will take place over both the St Albans and Welwyn Garden City campuses.
Closing Date: Sunday 5th January
Interview Date: TBC
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.• Subsidised onsite restaurant.• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.