Cover Supervisor/Learning Coach - Sport
(Full-time, term-time only – Fixed term until July 2020.)
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our Sports Department on a full-time basis as a Cover Supervisor and Learning Coach.
This role requires the successful candidate to have knowledge and awareness of a variety of approaches to supporting learners. Responsibilities will include:
● helping students to complete work that has been set by Lecturers in accordance with College policy
● managing the behaviour of students while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
● responding to any questions from students about process and procedures
● dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the College policies and procedures
● collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate Lecturer
● reporting back as appropriate on the behaviour of students during the class, and any issues arising
BCA is a popular and expanding FE college with a strong land-based heritage. We have an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every student is important. If you have excellent organisational skills, can prioritise your workload and are an active listener who encourages development and champions achievement, you’ll thrive in this learner-focused role.
For further details and an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department or download an application form from FE Jobs.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 1st September 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Reasons to join us
● Term-time only working & generous pension scheme
● A wide range of learning & career opportunities
● Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
● Tax free childcare, cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
● Free onsite parking
● Various health & wellbeing benefits (including free use of the College Gym)
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCA is committed to equal opportunities for all whilst safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
BCA (Berkshire College of Agriculture) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.