Outstanding Facilities – Outstanding Opportunities
The Orbital South Colleges Group, which consists of East Surrey College (Redhill) and John Ruskin College (Croydon), is committed to achieving excellence for all our students. Inspirational teaching and the dedication of all our staff supports the continuing growth of our student success. We are seeking dynamic, skilled and highly motivated individuals to join our team to work in an exciting and diverse learning environment.
We are currently seeking a Curriculum Coordinator Maths to join our friendly and professional team.
Location: John Ruskin College (Croydon)
Salary: Competitive (Subject to qualifications, skills and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
The successful candidates key responsibilities will be:
* To assist in developing a transformational world class curriculum that is inspirational to learners and also meets the needs of employers and the local community, ensuring the effective participation of all stakeholders.
* To facilitate improvement in line with, or exceeding, College targets for learner outcomes within the department.
* To harness and share best practice within the department and the College.
* To assist in the promotion of the agreed curriculum to ensure recruitment targets are being met.
* To foster and maintain effective relationships with external vocational and community bodies to enhance the relevance and uniqueness of the departmental curriculum (including a broad vocational experience programme).
* To lead on the collection and use of learner voice feedback to help improve teaching and learning and curriculum delivery in line with national developments and the needs of students.
* To support the Curriculum Manager with business and curriculum planning, in line with market intelligence and the College’s Strategic Plan, for the upcoming academic year.
* To monitor and coordinate the improvement of departmental Attendance, Punctuality and Retention in line with agreed departmental targets.
* To provide effective support for all staff within the department to ensure that they can fulfil their professional duties, including new staff induction.
* To ensure that success rates on courses within the team are maintained at or above national benchmarks and that there is continuous improvement in success rates that are not above benchmark.
* To assist in self-assessment activities to ensure the quality of provision within the department through the implementation of College quality systems and procedures.
* To liaise with the key tutor to ensure that students in the department receive effective support appropriate to their needs liaising with specialist staff within the College as required.
* To liaise with the literacy/numeracy lead to ensure that the curriculum gives learners access to the skills necessary to support their achievement, including access to Skills for Life.
* To coordinate the rigorous use of College systems of support and discipline in order to support learner retention and achievement.
• A recognised teaching qualification in a closely related subject
• Degree in a closely related subject or equivalent professional qualification at level 4 or above
• Maths & English GCSE / Level 2 equivalent
• Equality & Diversity Level 2 (or willing to obtain)
• Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults Level 2 (or willing to obtain)
If this sounds like you and you will enjoy working in a friendly, fast paced, changing environment we would love to hear from you. In return, we offer a competitive salary, as well as staff benefits such a choice of two excellent pension schemes, free onsite parking and access to our fully equipped gym along with discounted in house Spa and Salon treatments.
For full further information on this vacancy and to apply (or to see all other roles we are recruiting for), please visit our jobs page or contact the Human Resources department on 0208-651-1131
Orbital South Colleges Group are committed to Equal Opportunities, encouraging applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are also committed to PREVENT and Safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Both College Campus’ are smoke-free zones.
As part of our pre-employment checks, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS, references will be taken and evidence of all qualifications and awards will also be required before commencement of employment. Failure to do so may lead to offers being withdrawn.
John Ruskin College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.