£28,806 - £35,014 (dependent upon qualifications)
The post holder will lead the staff in the continued improvement of standards of both teaching and learning and pastoral care by supporting the team in their roles and encouraging the implementation of innovative techniques and the robust use of the college’s policies and procedures.
In the case of the absence of the Head of Faculty you will take delegated responsibility of the team within the Animal Management curriculum area.
Your main focus would be the continuing growth and development of the high quality teaching programmes provided by the Curriculum area with, attention on level 1 and 2 curriculum groups, including supporting the continued development of the academic team and/or supporting the group tutors in providing high quality of learner-focused pastoral care to enable our learners to achieve the highest possible outcomes during their time at the College. This may include formal responsibility for the pastoral care of a group of learners.
You will continue to teach on a broad range of courses on the Sparsholt campus but with a reduced teaching load to allow incorporation of these additional duties.
Closing Date: 07 October 2019
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.