£29,093 - £37,168 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
The post holder will be part of the University Centre Higher Education Team with specific responsibility for the organisation and delivery of The Diploma in the Management of Zoo and Aquarium Animals (DMZAA) and Zoo & Aquarium Apprenticeship plus associated programmes and courses along with the network of staff linked to the delivery and assessment of these programmes. There will be a strong focus on leading the team in maintaining and developing the quality and standards of these programmes and ensuring that they continue to meet the needs of the industry. Additionally, the post holder will be the main point of contact for Zoo Animal Studies and maintain effective liaison with the industry.
The successful applicant will have experience and understanding of the working in the zoo and or aquarium industry plus an appropriate academic qualification in a relevant subject at a minimum of Level 3 but preferably at degree level, together with a recognised teaching or assessor qualification, or be willing to work towards.
Closing Date: 31 May 2021
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.