We are currently seeking to appoint a Curriculum Technician on a Bank Contract (minimum 10 hours per week) to look after our animals at Oaklands College and support our learners through their studies.
Based at the St. Albans campus, you will be supporting the practical running of the department, ensuring all students have access to appropriate equipment and materials and that the learning environment is positive and well ordered. You will be based in the Animal Management department and have experience of working in with a range of species and supporting students.
If you have a genuine commitment to educational values and animal welfare, with a high level of personal integrity, then Oaklands College would be keen to hear from you!
WHY CHOOSE US:
Oaklands College is a Further Education College based in St Albans and Welwyn Garden City – both campuses are well connected to public transport and motorways.
We have regular feedback sessions for employees called Staff Voice that are held with the Principal and key Senior Managers and offers the opportunity for employees to discuss day to day issues around the college and provides them with insights into future plans for the college.
We hold an Investors in People Award and pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity. Our college community offers opportunities to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Automatic entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities in order to support your ability to teach your students.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.