Full Time 37 hours per week, some evening work required.
Start Date August 2020
Fixed Term Contract up to 1st July 2021
Based at the Welwyn Garden City Campus
£20,360 - £21,296 per annum – Salary dependent on experience
Oaklands College is an FE college with a large, growing and successful curriculum and we are looking to recruit a Hair and Beauty Technician within our Hair and Beauty Department.
Working at the College as a Hair and Beauty Technician, some of the duties include: being responsible for the ordering of stock, liaising with customers on reception, maintaining the stock levels in the dispensary/stock cupboard, taking deliveries and supporting lecturers and students in the salons.
You will be supporting the effective practical running of the department ensuring all students have access to appropriate equipment and materials and that the learning environment is positive and well-ordered.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of Level 2 Hair or Beauty Qualification and have experience within a salon, it would also be desirable for candidates to have an Assessor qualification.
The college is a friendly environment, which offers excellent support, placing strong emphasis on continuous professional development.
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd August
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams, shortlisted candidates will be provided with a date and details of the interview after the closing date.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the local government pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.