This is a full time open-ended position. Starting 1 September 2020
The School Governors are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice who is child centred and will support our school values.
Portfield School specialises in the education of pupils with severe, complex, multiple learning difficulties and ASC from its base in Portfield, Haverfordwest along with satellite provision at Ysgol Y Preseli. It also provides outreach support to the mainstream schools of Pembrokeshire in meeting the needs of pupils with complex special needs.
Portfield School is a happy and successful school where pupils feel safe and thrive. In the Estyn Report of November 2019 the School received “Excellent” or “Good” Judgements in all Inspection Areas.
The school has strong links with social care and is working with other agencies to develop provision with pre-school settings and post 18 education for its pupils.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
• Strongly value our vision and share our mission statement for the school.
• Have experience of leading teams, monitoring and improving teaching and learning.
• Be inspirational, enthusiastic be highly motivated, ambitious and innovative.
• Have great leadership skills but also be an effective team player.
• Be fully committed to safeguarding children.
• Be a positive & enthusiastic role model for staff and pupils.
• Promote a vision and commitment to maintaining the high standards of provision.
We can offer:
1. Exciting professional development opportunity
2. Enthusiastic pupils who enjoy learning
3. Dedicated, talented and experienced staff team
4. Welcoming and safe inclusive learning environment
5. Highly supportive parents, carers and committed governors
6. A highly skilled multi-disciplinary team to support pupils learning, health and welfare needs.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for Pembrokeshire's Children's and Schools Service. We aim to support vulnerable children and young people to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of all schools.
This post is subject to a DBS disclosure check.
Portfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.