Required for September 2021
Number of pupils: c.530
An exciting opportunity to provide an inspirational lead in the next stage of improvement of a forward thinking school
Ysgol Maesydderwen is situated in beautiful south Powys, the catchment area of which includes part of the Brecon Beacons National Park and the Waterfall Country. Ideally situated in the small town of Ystradgynlais, the school is within easy reach of Cardiff, Swansea and South-West Wales.
The governors are seeking to appoint a motivated, inspirational and innovative professional who will work in partnership with the Headteacher to:
• ensure the school’s vision is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all;
• work with staff and Governors to translate the vision into effective actions to deliver that vision and drive up standards;
• demonstrate the school vision and values in every day work and practice;
• ensure that stakeholder feedback is actively sought and acted on in the regular reviews of vision and strategic plan;
• build on the existing strengths and further develop the potential of pupils and staff.
Ysgol Maesydderwen is a caring and supportive learning community, dedicated to fulfilling the potential of all.
We can offer:
• enthusiastic, confident and friendly pupils;
• a dedicated and highly committed team of staff and governors;
• a school with an inclusive ethos to ensure all learners make progress in all activities and experiences;
• very strong partnerships with stakeholders.
We would like a Deputy Headteacher who:
• is an excellent classroom practitioner who has high expectations of learning and behaviour;
• is passionate about making a difference and extending opportunities for all learners;
• has a proven record of effective school leadership and is committed to school improvement;
• has excellent interpersonal skills and is able to further strengthen parental and community links.
Ysgol Maesydderwen is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.