To commence 1st January 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter (pending all safeguarding and recruitment checks).
Due to the promotion of the previous post-holder to Headteacher, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, innovative Deputy Headteacher to join a strong leadership team and support them in continuing to drive improvement at Lewis Girls’ School. The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner, have a thorough understanding of highly effective pedagogical practice, show commitment to his/her own professional development and demonstrate a wide range of effective leadership skills.
Lewis Girls’ School is located in the town of Ystrad Mynach and is the only state-funded girls’ school in Wales. It is a valleys school, working closely with nine primary partners, and collaborating in a consortium 6th Form with three secondary partner schools in the Upper Rhymney Valley. The school is committed to excellence for every student and the staff and community work hard to ensure a culture of inclusion and belonging so that each child can achieve and thrive.
The Headteacher and Governing Body are seeking to appoint someone who:
• Is an outstanding practitioner, passionate about learning and committed to a child centered approach;
• Has contributed to the development of teaching and learning at whole school level;
• Is committed to a culture that promotes belonging and conclusion so that each child can be successful;
• Has the personality to be highly effectively as part of a team and the resilience and disposition to support the Headteacher and the senior team in leading and managing the school successfully;
• Is able to articulate understanding and knowledge of curriculum development and its impact on the quality of learning;
• Has a proven track record of managing and implementing change that impacts successfully on outcomes;
• Has the ability to motivate and enthuse other teachers and school staff;
• Communicates well with all members of the school community including students, staff, parents, carers, governors and the wider community
• Demonstrates understanding of the importance of professional learning to continue improving our provision for all students
Should you wish to visit the school prior to submitting an application, then please contact Jodie Stoilkovic, PA to the Headteacher to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Thank you for your interest in the position at Lewis Girls’ School.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 15th November 2021 at 5pm
• Shortlisting will take place: Thursday 25th November 2021
• Interviews will be held: Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd December 2021
• Job Description and Person Specification attached.
• Please apply via Eteach.
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service
Lewis Girls' Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Lewis Girls' Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.