This is an exciting opportunity to join Acorns Nursery as a Deputy Manager. The role will combine management duties with educational support for the nursery team.
Acorns Nursery is a 50 place day care setting for children between the ages of 3 months and 5 years set within the rural grounds of Oaklands College, St Albans Campus. The Nursery is open to private families as well as College students and employees.
The successful person for this role will already hold a Level 6 Childcare qualification or will be willing to complete a Foundation Degree in Childcare. This role is permanent and we are happy to accept full time or part time applications.
The Deputy Manager will work closely with the Nursery Manager to ensure high quality learning and care within the nursery setting and therefore, we are looking for an engaging individual with a clear approach to coaching and mentoring,
Whilst not exhaustive, please see below some of the key responsibilities of the role:
• Supporting the Nursery Manager and core team to consistently apply high quality Early Years provision, including the day to day line management of staff.
• To recruit, develop and motivate the team via regular one to ones reviews and annual appraisals.
• To be flexible in designated duties and shift patterns in line with the needs of the business, ensuring smart working and adherence to regulatory requirements.
• To work across all rooms and ages as required and cover office duties in the nursery manager’s absence.
• Oversee delivery of an innovative programme of learning across the nursery site and monitor and review its’ effectiveness and compliance with the EYFS, reporting back evaluations with solutions for improvements to the Nursery Manager.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Oaklands College is a progressive, student-centred College supporting the vibrant community at through a broad, relevant and innovative portfolio of education and training.
Oaklands is a Further Education College based in St Albans and Welwyn Garden City – both campuses are well connected to public transport and motorways. A new campus in Borehamwood will soon be opening in September.
St Albans Campus is home to award winning facilities set within acres of wide open countryside. Discovery Centre and Sports Zone secured recognition from the Royal Institute of British Architects, a body that aims to recognise buildings that set the standard for great architecture in the UK.
At Welwyn Garden City, our Learning Resource Centre provides students with a modern, spacious environment, ideal for research and studying. We have a new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Centre housing the very latest cyber technology and bespoke science laboratories giving our students the best possible start for a career in the STEM sector.
Culturally, we have regular feedback sessions for employees called Staff Voice that are held with the Principal and key Senior Managers and offers the opportunity for employees to discuss day to day issues around the college and provides them with insights into future plans for the college.
We hold an Investors in People Award and pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity. Our college community offers opportunities to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive Salary
• Generous holiday allowance.
• Automatic entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.