Tavistock College is part of The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust (DMAT), a MAT consisting of 3 secondary and 13 primary schools. As an academy we actively promote the values and principles of the International Co-operative Alliance.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and reliable technician who wants to support students and staff to give the best possible learning opportunities. You will be working in the Design Technology department (part of the Science faculty), supporting learning within Product Design and Construction. An aptitude with this type of work combined with a willingness to show students how to complete complex tasks is required as well as a willingness to provide expertise for teachers when they are planning projects.
Whilst you will be the main technician in this area, you will have the opportunity to work alongside other technicians from other areas as part of a team. We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications.
Tavistock College can offer you:
• a supportive professional development programme
• a co-operative inclusive academy ethos with high expectations for all students and staff
• a professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
You will be:
• a motivating and inspiring role model demonstrating high expectations for all of our students to achieve their potential
• passionate and committed to improve the lives of young people
Tavistock College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.