Design & Technology Teacher (0.8 FTE)
Are you ready to inspire the next generation of Technologists and Engineers at Ysgol Maesydderwen?
We are looking for an inspirational Design & Technology teacher to develop our students’ talents, supporting them to become confident and thoughtful learners. Our students will expect you to have the highest standards of literacy, numeracy and digital competence to innovate within these core areas of learning. You will be required to teach a range of Design & Technology disciplines (Food, Graphics & Product Design), across Key Stages 3 and 4 with the potential for A Level teaching depending on experience. You will join a supportive dynamic team. You will be a confident practitioner with a proven track record in raising outcomes in STEM subjects and have an infectious passion for learning. We embrace ambition and this post is ideal for someone embarking on their teaching career or looking to move to middle leadership. If you feel you can step up to take D&T to the next level and continue the buzz we are creating in our school community, we want to hear from you! The fixed term contract starts on 1st of September 2021 and ends on 31st of May 2022. As our school continues to grow, there is a strong possibility of the post becoming permanent in the future. There is also a possibility of the post becoming full time from September.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a qualified Design & Technology Teacher
• Typically delivering good / excellent learning experiences
• Be confident in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
• Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments
• Be an inspiring teacher with a real enthusiasm for D&T subjects
• Be able to motivate his/her pupils to achieve
• Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
• Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school
We can offer you:
• A fantastic building with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
• Outstanding support and development tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• An exciting opportunity to be at the heart of the development of key Areas of Learning and Experience in the new Curriculum for Wales at Ysgol Maesydderwen
• An opportunity to join a highly supportive team with a shared vision for success
Ysgol Maesydderwen is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.