Director of Human Resources
37 hours per week
Salary: £50,077 - £59,804 per annum
Coventry College is seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to take on the role of Director of Human resources to form part of the new and developing management team.
This post is a key role in an organisation that is central to the education community within the city for both adults and young people.
There is a clear vision for the College and the role of human resources is essential to our development as a recognised provider of high quality education within the FE sector.
With a sound knowledge of human resource practices, employment law and management of individuals and teams, the successful candidate is, therefore, likely to be a qualified practitioner currently working within the field in an education setting or a commercial business in a similar role.
The successful candidate will
• Contribute directly to the overall operational and strategic leadership of Coventry College.
• Lead the development and delivery of an HR strategy to achieve the College's strategic plan and Annual Delivery Plan priorities in accordance with its vision and values.
• Further develop, refine and secure support for a comprehensive range of employment and HR policies that enables the most effective contribution of staff to the success of the College.
• Lead the development and embedding of a culture, ethos, values and behaviours which support the success of a College and enable achievement of the College's vision and strategy.
• Lead change and organisational development, consulting with staff, unions and other stakeholders as appropriate.
The post is full time for 37 hours per week, however the successful candidate will need to have a flexible approach to their hours of work.
The successful candidate will be required to travel between sites.
Benefits include 39 days’ annual leave pro-rata plus statutory bank holidays and an attractive pension scheme.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post.
Application closing date: Friday 11th December
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
We are actively committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and any vulnerable groups within the College community. We value our diverse College community and are actively committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of College life. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share these commitments.
Coventry college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.