Domestic Services Operative
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our Domestic Services Department at BCA on a part-time basis, working 20 hours per week over 5 days (Tuesday – Saturday). This is an important role in our College and we are looking for enthusiastic and reliable Domestic Service Operatives to help provide a welcoming environment for our pupils and staff. The successful candidate will be punctual, hardworking and passionate about maintaining a high standard of cleanliness within our College.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
● Daily cleaning of hostels, offices, classrooms, toilets and other areas of the College according to the described cleaning specifications. This will also involve external cleaning of windows, signage and emptying of bins.
● Ensuring all equipment and cleaning materials are properly utilised – in accordance with COSHH and Health and Safety.
● Taking part in Staff Training activities in order to maintain standards.
● Ensuring all tasks are carried out to a satisfactory standard with due regard to health, safety and cleanliness.
For further details and an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department
Closing date: Midnight on Wednesday 18th December2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We reserve the right to close this advert early, should a sufficient number of applications be received prior to the closing date.
Reasons to join us
● Generous holiday entitlement & pension scheme
● A wide range of learning & career opportunities
● Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
● Comprehensive Recognition, Life Events and Long Service Programme
● Cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
● Free onsite parking
● Various health & wellbeing benefits (including free use of the College Gym)
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCA is committed to equal opportunities for all whilst safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
BCA (Berkshire College of Agriculture) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.