Blossom House is an Ofsted-rated “Outstanding” specialist school for children aged 3 – 19 years of age with speech, language and communication difficulties. Although many of the children have some associated difficulties such as fine motor problems or poor organisational skills, they are all within the average range of cognitive abilities. We also offer a post-16 provision in collaboration with local colleges assisting students’ transition to mainstream and post-education activities.
Teacher Secondary, Design & Technology KS3 & KS4
(specialising in resistant materials)
To start Spring Term 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic qualified Secondary Teacher / or NQT with experience in teaching Design & Technology specialising in Resistant Material, to join our team supporting children and students who have speech and language and communication difficulties at our School located in Motspur Park.
The ideal candidate will have excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) and good reading, writing and numeracy skills, along with the ability to build good working relationships with children, students, teachers, parents and carers.
Experience of teaching Design and Technology, and must be a specialist in teaching resistant materials to GCSE level.
Experience of working with children and students with Special Education Needs (SEN) is desirable.
The role is permanent, Monday to Friday (8:30 – 17:00)
Salary dependent upon experience
Closing date: 4th January 2022 (early applications and appointments will be considered)
• A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
• Close to a good transport network and on-site free parking is available.
• Small class sizes.
• Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers who will work alongside you in the classroom. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist and Arts Therapists aim to maximise each child’s potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
• Opportunities for continued professional development.
• Competitive salaries, generous staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
How to apply: If you wish to apply for the post, please complete the school’s application form detailing how you meet the requirement of the person specification, along with the Recruitment activity detailed in this attachment, and email your completed application form to Blossom House Recruitment by the closing date of 4th January 2022.
This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks which will include an Enhanced DBS check and identity checks.
Blossom House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; successful applicants must be suitable to work with children and will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate with barred list information.