Newbury College is looking to recruit a full time Electrical Installation Lecturer. You will be responsible for the effective organisation and delivery of teaching Electrical Installation up Level 3 and teaching on Electrical/Electronic Engineering Courses. You will ensure that all learners enrolled on Apprenticeships and other relevant programmes successfully achieve their qualifications within the planned timescale. The team works with some fantastic local companies and has seen a growth in learner numbers and success rates exceed national average. This is a great opportunity for an industry professional to get into teaching and join an enthusiastic and committed management team as they strive to exceed expectations.
You must have:
• Related qualification at 1 grade higher than teaching level (minimum Degree level)
• Certificate in Education/PGCE or QTS through other valid qualification pathways or working towards
• 2 years teaching experience
• Experience of working in an educational setting
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
It would be beneficial if you also have:
• Mentoring/coaching qualification
• Assessor and Interval Verifier Qualifications
• Delivering and organising designated area programmes
• Working in FE/Adult Education
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please contact us to take a look at the full Job Description for further details of the day to day duties.
* Free on site parking
* 40 days holiday (pro rata)
* Teachers Pension Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Discounted Community Learning courses
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
* 000's of discounts through an online portal
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.