This position of Assessor/Trainer is responsible for the quality delivery of Teaching, Learning and Assessment as part of a team of staff for the Telford College Employer Engagement provision provided by the College to the Business community.
The role requires the identification of skills need, delivery of high quality Teaching, Learning and Assessment and to be observed and appraised on an annual basis in accordance with the College and Awarding Bodies quality requirements.
The post holder will support the Team Managers, Business Improvement Manager and Quality, Progress and Business Generation staff to develop and implement a common delivery process that ensures a standard high quality experience for all customers.
A key role is to work to the delivery schedules and scheme of work that have been agreed by the Team Manager and to deliver exactly what is agreed at project commencement, ensuring that that high quality is maintained, informing the Team Manager and the relevant Quality, Progress and Business Generation staff of the progress of the contracts, including any delivery issues or potential deviations from the scheme of work and delivery plan.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Agree and design programmes in his/her Vocational specialism’s, as required by the Team Manager, provide high quality Teaching, Learning and Assessment delivery and support candidates to achieve their qualification within agreed time scales.
• Prepare Schemes of Work, workbooks and training packages for training and assessment, as required by the Team Manager.
• Identify, develop and report to the Team Manager and the Quality, Progress & Business Generation staff any further/additional business opportunities within the employer delivering training for.
• Enrol and induct candidates with the College, ensuring all information is correct.
• Carry out Functional Skills Initial Assessment, Diagnostics, End Tests and provide appropriate delivery and support where required.
• Register candidates with the appropriate Awarding Body, as required by the Team Manager, and within the timescales allowed by the Awarding Body.
• Maintain individual records and ILP’s to support the learner’s progress.
• Monitor learner progress and ensure deadlines are met by the learners.
• Meet regularly, by maintaining appointments against the agreed scheme of work, support and assess candidates in completing portfolios of work.
• Achieve a minimum number of learners per calendar month, dependent upon qualification and level, in agreement with the Team Manager and against the delivery plan agreed with the company that provides the necessary return against costs.
• Keep the Team Manager and relevant Quality, Progress and Business generation staff informed of the progress, or any issues, on the programme.
• Attend 'Company', Team and College meetings as required or as appropriate.
• Present candidates’ work for formative and summative IQA when required.
• Undertake Internal Verification (IQA role) activities where required.
• Complete the appropriate documentation when candidates successfully complete or withdraw (reporting accurately on reasons) from the programme and return it to the Team Manager, in a timely manner.
• Complete all required Faculty documentation relating to records for audit and inspection purposes in a timely manner.
• Support the development of alternative delivery methods and electronic learning.
• Work to Ofqual and Awarding Organisation quality standards in all assessments carried out.
• Support Managers to ensure all products and the web site are fit for purpose.
• Know and abide by the Health and Safety rules on company premises and be aware of good practice in the working environment.
• Identify the financial, health and safety, equality, confidentiality or other risks associated with the post’s sphere of responsibility and to define and take positive action to manage these risks.
• Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
• Carry out all the duties in the context of the practical application of the College’s equal opportunities policy and acting responsibly at all times in order to maintain the health and safety of yourself and others.
Telford College of Arts and Technology is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.