Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for an Assessor/Trainer - Engineering to join our Work-Based Learning team. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of between £26,225 and £30,481 per annum, plus staff benefits.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country, and you’ll find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction. CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
In addition, we value our staff as we understand they make the difference in transforming lives, our investment in our staff has been formally recognised in being accredited with Investors in People Gold status.
Just some of the rewards you can benefit from as our Assessor/Trainer - Engineering, include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities
About the role:
Reporting to the Work based learning Manager, you will carry out training and assessment with a variety of apprentices in our Engineering area. This will take place in a variety of work environments including on-site assessments, in the workplace or at College.
The Assessor/Trainer – Engineering has a number of duties, including:
- Provide high quality support and training to learners in their workplace and the assessment of their learning
- assess learners’ competence in line with appropriate industrial and qualification standards and record assessment outcomes
- support learners in line with College procedures
- maintain accurate records for candidates in both written and computer-generated database formats
- help prepare learners for their End Point Assessment
- Act as main point of contact for employers and students.
What we are looking for in our ideal Engineering Assessor/Trainer:
- Relevant Level 4 or above qualifications in engineering disciplines essential
- Assessor / IQA qualification essential
- Able to demonstrate a wide range of experiences within related industries
- Knowledge and experience of Electrical and Electronics vital
- Qualifications or experience within other related fields would be beneficial, although not essential
- Highly motivated, adaptable, and professional approach
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- IT skills and good attention to detail for record keeping
- Current driving licence, and willing to use own car, insured for business use, or alternative means to travel extensively
- Prior experience in a similar role would be advantageous, however full training would be available to a high calibre candidate who can demonstrate a commitment to the post.
Please see Job Description attached for more information.
In return we can offer you a vibrant and supportive environment within a team of multi-skilled professionals and mutually supportive colleagues who will assist you to have an enjoyable experience. Student success is paramount in our holistic approach and you will have the opportunity to see the impact of your support.
If you would like to be part of our valued team and believe you have the skills and experience needed to be our Engineering Assessor / Trainer, please apply online today for the job.
Closing Date: 11th May 2021
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.