Salary: £25,962.78- £29,244.53 DOE
Lancaster International Study Centre and its programmes are provided by Study Group in collaboration with Lancaster University. You will work with colleagues across the Centre to ensure the effective delivery of teaching programmes in line with our education strategy, broader scholarship and aims for an outstanding student experience. You will also contribute directly to student support and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the Centre. As a tutor, you will add to the design, development and production of teaching and learning materials and delivery across a range of modules for English and Academic Skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and innovative Tutor. The right candidate will have a natural ability to motivate students and deliver high quality teaching as well as carrying out relevant pastoral functions. You will enjoy working with international students, be performance driven and be able to work co-operatively and flexibly with other colleagues. Commitment to providing an interesting and effective learning experience to our students is also key.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules (including materials for the Virtual Learning Environment VLE) within your subject area and provide coordination in the role of Module Coordinator.
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students.
- Providing academic guidance and support to a designated group of students through the tutorial system.
- Work with the college’s Student & Academic Services team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Engage in scholarly activity to ensure the delivery of modules is current.
- Develop and promote student activities to promote student engagement and enhance the student experience.
- Monitor student punctuality, attendance and appropriate behaviour in class/teaching rooms and take appropriate actions to encourage students to improve across these three areas, where necessary.
- Provide cover where necessary and when it is possible for you to do so.
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of the programme.
- A Bachelor degree (Essential)
- Diploma in English language teaching (Essential)
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Master’s in related discipline (Desirable)
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
- Opportunities to engage in a range of formal and informal CPD activities and to have greater involvement in specific areas of interest e.g. Become a champion in E-Learning.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group - Lancaster University is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.