Salary: £25000 - £27000 FTE
Contract: 37 hours – maternity cover
Location: Ashley Down
What will you be doing?
• Delivering an effective, high quality English support service through working closely with students on barriers to learning, leading to improved outcomes, greater autonomy and independence;
• For students with Education, Care and Health (EHC) plans, you will pay close attention to the needs, outcomes and provision outlined in the plan, developing learning targets and personalised programmes of support linked to identified needs and aspirations;
• Maximising success of students, from pre-Entry SEN students through to Level 3 students with specific learning disabilities, and all levels in between, working closely with teaching staff and support colleagues
No two days are the same! We are a friendly team who strive to support students to achieve success. If you are ambitious for the young people you’ll be working with, then you should apply.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
Please see the Job Description for more details about the role.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- As well as a range of staff support packages. Click here to see the full list of staff benefits.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level.
We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the college can be found here.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found attached.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Sunday 9 August 2020 (Midnight)
Interview date: Thursday 20 August 2020
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.