Salary: £25000 - £27000 pro rata for part time contracts
Contract: Permanent, various roles
About the Role:
City of Bristol College are seeking to appoint experienced and proactive English Coach/Maths Coach as indicated below:
- 37 hours English/ESOL at College Green
- 15 hours at College Green
- 12 hours over 38 weeks at College Green
- 22 hours at SBSA
You will be responsible for:
• Delivering an effective, high quality English support service through working closely with students on barriers to learning, leading to improved outcomes, greater autonomy and independence;
• For students with Education, Care and Health (EHC) plans, you will pay close attention to the needs, outcomes and provision outlined in the plan, developing learning targets and personalised programmes of support linked to identified needs and aspirations;
• Maximising success of students, from pre Entry SEN students through to Level 3 students with specific learning disabilities, and all levels in between, working closely with teaching staff and support colleagues
No two days are the same! We are a friendly team who strive to support students to achieve success. If you are ambitious for the young people you’ll be working with, then you should apply.
We are looking for someone with experience of teaching English from Entry level through to GCSE.
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48% / Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5 %
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here
Closing date: 30 September 2020 (midnight)
Interview date: 09 October 2020
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.