Tavistock College is delighted to be part of The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust (DMAT), a MAT consisting of 3 secondary and 13 primary schools. As a college we actively promote the values and principles of the International Co-operative Alliance.
We are seeking to appoint a confident, dynamic and enthusiastic teacher who has experience teaching across key stages 3 - 5 and the full age and ability range within the English faculty. The successful applicant will be an outstanding practitioner and will contribute to a continued focus on improving teaching and learning and student outcomes. The main focus of this post will be teaching English. You will be joining a strong English team who regularly achieve excellent examination results.
Tavistock College can offer you:
• A supportive professional development programme from induction to leadership for all staff, this also includes research opportunities and the possibility for masters level study.
• The opportunity to teach across all key stages 3 to 5 including 6th form.
• A co-operative inclusive college ethos with high expectations for all students and staff.
• A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment.
• Opportunities to get involved with many of our partnerships with the Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance, businesses and university partners.
• The opportunity to work across the secondary schools in the Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust will be available if a need arises.
You will be:
• An outstanding classroom practitioner across key stages 3 to 5 including 6th form.
• A motivating and inspiring role model demonstrating high expectations for all of our students to achieve their potential.
• Creative and imaginative in your approach to teaching and learning including the use of new technologies.
• Passionate and committed to improve the lives of young people.
Tavistock College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.