Salary: £17,895 per annum/pro rata
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 18th August 2019
A day in the life of the Estates Assistant / Administrator:
A typical day will be spent with the Assistant Manager dealing with maintenance issues, moving furniture, collecting confidential waste bags and delivering goods / stationary. The team manages maintenance, waste disposal, security, vehicles, cleaning and catering across the College campus.
Typical duties will include:
• Operating the Goods In Office and stationary store which will include taking delivery of goods, receiving requests from staff and helping to fulfil those requests
• Processing and maintaining records associated with the services offered by the Estates team
• Reconciling records with invoices for approval.
You will be dealing with many different members of both the teaching and support staff and helping to maintain a high level of customer service to them at all times.
• Proven practical skills
• Able to demonstrate previous administrative experience
• Computer literacy skills using Microsoft Office for both written and numeric records
• Experience of dealing with customers, suppliers and service providers
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills which will contribute to providing a first class service
• Previous experience of working with young people or in an educational environment is desirable but not essential
• Manual handling experience.
GCSE C+ (or level 2 equivalent) in English and Maths
Ideal attributes of applicant:
• Excellent communicator
• Strong team player
• Well organised
• Customer focused
Any other info.
Hours of work can be flexible to suit both the post holder and the College.
Eastleigh College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.