Are you an experienced Site Supervisor or Facilities Manager looking for a new challenge?
Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty with vibrant culture?
Consistently ranked in the top five percent of UK Colleges for learner success rates (for 16-18 year olds); Kendal College is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Facilities and Health & Safety Manager to lead our Estates team to ensure the provision of clean, safe and suitable learning and working environments for our students and staff.
WHY CHOOSE US
Set within the breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is a FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside our outstanding staff and play an influential role in shaping the College's Health & Safety policies and procedures as well as acting as a project manager on capital expenditure programmes and projects.
We pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion, diversity and our investment in the potential of our staff members. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary of £28,240 to £30,865 full time equivalent depending upon qualifications and experience.
- A generous holiday entitlement
- 5 efficiency days per year in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A College that is committed to developing its staff and providing opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
- Monitoring and reviewing the College’s health and safety policy and strategy in line with changing business and legislative requirements.
Maintaining and operating the College health and safety policies and audit plan, ensuring that the audit plan is robust and used as a “living” document with actions and completion information.
Effective management of staff to ensure efficient and effective performance of their duties.
Ensuring the security of all college sites by managing all security systems/procedures.
- Organising, managing and controlling contractors working on College premises to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation as well as ensuring quality and value of service provided.
- Developing and delivering estates services and promote these services via the development of quality standards and service level agreements.
- Maintaining quality learning environments and external areas to the highest standard, including grounds, windows, walls and the perimeter of the College grounds.
- Controlling and monitoring maintenance and consumables budgets within agreed guidelines to ensure quality and value is obtained.
- Contributing to estates strategies and planning processes, and project managing capital expenditure programmes and projects.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- NVQ 3 Facilities Management or similar qualification
- First Aid Qualification
- Full, clean driving licence
- Managing, leading and organising teams of staff
- Establishing, maintaining and developing systems and procedures
- Substantial practical health and safety experience
- Accident/incident reporting
- Demonstrable ability to carry out maintenance
- Physically fit
- High degree of IT literacy (Microsoft)
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Cope with deadlines
- Make decisions, resolve problems quickly
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.