The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated Family Support Coordinator to join our fast growing and ambitious Academy who will focus on family and community liaison, supporting TKA’s parents/carers in fostering resilience and effective relationships in and out of school through conflict resolution and restorative practices.
The Kingston Academy is a new outstanding Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings which we have now taken possession of. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. Now in our sixth year of operation, we now have over 1000 pupils across the six year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant professional training or development
- Collaborative and supportive work with colleagues within the organisation.
- Basic understanding of child development and how children learn.
- Committed to add your own distinct skills, knowledge and experience to our team and be committed to ongoing professional development.
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfills the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people. The process will include:
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for informal question and answer session;
- Scenario/Case study given prior to interview
- Interview with Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher.
We look forward to receiving your application.