Fashion Tutor (Part Time) - £27.54 per hour various days and hours
Westminster Adult Education Service is the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest in the country. We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our further education qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community based provision. If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced, qualified, Fashion tutor, to inspire and provide a transformative education to our adult learners (19+) from in and around London. You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessments across our fashion provision, and monitoring learners performance with opportunities to support them, as well as develop your skills across the service.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to the learners, ensuring they are challenged, inspired, complete their work in a timely manner, and excel in achievement.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing resources for and delivering to our adult learners, in line with curriculum and qualification requirements ensuring our learners are inspired, challenged and achieve,
• Supporting the fashion curriculum where required for example, course advice and guidance for prospective learners, open days, end of year show.
• Summative and formative assessments as part of the learners' journey
• Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reporting
• Liaising with relevant stakeholders and fellow creative arts staff,
• Ensuring an ‘outstanding’ teaching and learning experience including Individual Learning Plans and quality assurance implementation and feedback.
• Relevant experience and knowledge of contemporary fashion (textile) design and realization. Pattern cutting experience and garment construction knowledge would be an advantage.
• Experience of working with/teaching adult learners is highly desirable, as well as industry experience
• Proven ability to work with diverse groups of learners across mixed abilities to ensure their successful progression and achievement
• Level 3 or above qualification in the subject area
• A recognised teaching qualification, or working toward one
• Commitment to outstanding teaching and the learner experience
• Commitment to your own professional development
What We Offer:
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits, including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
To apply for this post, please visit our website
Please note, CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/957
The closing date for this post is 9am Monday 17 August 2020.
Assessments and interviews for this post will be held w/b 31 August 2020.
A Basic DBS is required for this post.
Westminster Adult Education Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.