Are you an experienced Film maker looking to pass on their knowledge to the next generation of industry professionals?
Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty with vibrant culture, and a fantastic creative community?
Consistently ranked in the top five percent of UK Colleges for student success rates (16-18), Kendal College is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable Lecturer of Film Production to join our outstanding Creative Arts team.
Working at our dedicated Arts & Media campus, you will be involved in supporting our learners on our wide range of film projects, often working closely with Kendal's outstanding arts organisations – and Festivals such as the Brewery Arts Centre, Lakes International Comic Art Festival, and Kendal Mountain Festival.
Our Film Production students have competed in World Skills for the past five years, receiving gold, silver and bronze medals every year; which has led to the Department gaining a very positive national reputation, and very strong industry links and opportunities.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Set within the breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is a FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us. We pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion, diversity and our investment in the potential of our staff members. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary of £24,361 to £30,865 full time equivalent depending upon qualifications and experience.
- A generous holiday entitlement (full-time Lecturer allocation of 42 days per year)
- 5 efficiency days per year in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A College that is committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
- At least a Level 3 qualification in a related discipline.
- Experience of working in a relevant industrial/commercial environment
- English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE A* to C or equivalent)
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the College or to contact the Head of Department for an informal conversation.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.