POST TITLE: Finance Assistant
SCALE/SCALE-POINT: Scale 3 to 4, Scale Points 13 to 18
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
“Come questioning, go seeking, grow”
This post carries responsibility for a wide variety of finance and administration tasks, but principally the administration of the Sales Ledger, Henley College Fund accounts and Discretionary Learner Support funds.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
To run the Sales Ledger, to include
• raising, printing and despatching invoices for all sources of income;
• raising and printing credit notes;
• allocating payments;
• dealing with enquiries;
• chasing debts;
• reviewing bad debts with the Finance Manager on a termly basis.
To administer The Henley College Fund, to include
• payment of invoices;
• enter and maintain payment items on Parent Pay
• receipt of income and preparation of money for banking;
• keeping a manual cashbook and accounting records and entering onto Resource;
• checking individual account income, expenditure and balances;
• reconcile accounts after each trip/event has taken place
• process refunds as and when required.
• sending statements to account holders on a termly basis where necessary.
• To administer all payments and transfers from the Discretionary Learner Support Fund, maintaining spreadsheets and reconciling with Student Services’ records on a regular basis.
• To chase up payments relating to unpresented cheques.
• To make cashbook payments from cheque requests.
• To be responsible for checking the College Barclaycard statements on a monthly basis, obtaining relevant signatures and receipts, and posting expenditure to the relevant cost centres.
• To prepare the daily cash sheets for input.
• To process the banking of College income on a rota basis.
• To process refunds of mandatory deposits paid by students.
• To assist with general finance tasks within the team on an ad-hoc basis, as required.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• To provide cover for other finance team members during absences.
• Providing emergency cover for Reception, switchboard and post distribution.
• To be involved with all members of the support staff in the student enrolment process. This will include out of normal working hours duties during the enrolment process.
• To assist with the checking of fixed assets on a regular basis
• To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic and Operational Plan.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
• To be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
Essential Skills and Characteristics
• Competent in Microsoft Office – including Sharepoint
• Well organised and methodical
• Willingness to learn
• Sense of humour
• Flexible approach to workload in a busy environment
Desirable skills and Characteristics
• GCSE or GCE ‘O’Level pass in Maths and English
• Previous experience in a finance environment
• Experience of using software and systems
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Temporary, Term Time Only
Hours of work: 25 hours per week
Salary: From £18,474.00 to £21,405.00 per annum full time (Pra rata for Part time)
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme. This is an employee and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.