Reports to: Financial Controller
Location: Hybrid Working, (Hammersmith - London)
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Hours: 40hrs pw
About LMP Group
LMP Group focuses on education, training, and social impact; working together to bring about positive, sustainable change. The various divisions of LMP service; schools, businesses and individuals across the UK through, Alternative Education, Residential Camps, Apprenticeships, Traineeships, Adult Education and much more.
Our Finance Team are responsible for the development and implementation of our financial strategy. This role is crucial to the success of the organisation.
A Financial Accountant is responsible for supporting the Financial Controller to record and review financial data and produce reports. As a Financial Accountant, you will need a good head for figures and for dealing with complex modelling and analysis, as well as a sound grasp of financial systems and procedures.
Clear budgetary planning is essential for both the short and long term, and companies need to know the financial implications of any decision before proceeding. In addition, care must be taken to ensure that financial practices are in line with all statutory legislation and regulations.
- Part Qualified ACCA, CIMA (or equivalent qualified)
- 5+ years of experience in a business or finance environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Xero accounting software and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail skills.
- An analytical approach to work.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- High numeracy and sound technical skills.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- The capacity to make quick but rational decisions.
- The potential to lead and motivate others.
- Good IT skills such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Benefits @ LMP
- Annual leave entitlement 25 days, with 3 days ‘free’ days given back during December
- Additional 1-day annual leave for every year of service with LMP
- HSF Health Care Plan - offering money back on dental/ optical/ physic treatments, and many more
- Access to HSF Perkbox -offering discounts on restaurants, tech, leisure activities, holidays, and many more
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Enrolled into our Pension Scheme
- £150 referral scheme
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other LMP stakeholders. Some work is confidential, and information gained must not be communicated to other persons except in the recognised course of duty. The post holder must always meet the requirements of the General Data Regulation Act.
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities
The LMP Group are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
Let Me Play Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.