FL and Community Engagement Officer
LB Hammersmith and Fulham
£33,759 - £34,986 per annum
Permanent, Full Time
The London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, Adult Learning & Skill Service (ALSS) provides over 400 courses to more than 6,000 students locally and London wide. The courses offered are both nationally accredited qualifications and non- accredited courses at various locations throughout the borough.
ALSS is looking to recruit a dynamic, full time Family Learning and Community Development Engagement Officer, to further develop our outreach provision, working with local partners and meeting the needs of the community. This is a key role in supporting social inclusion and community engagement.
To build and develop relationships with individuals and communities, to encourage active participation into local opportunities. Lead on the development of strong working relationships and clear partnerships with internal, external, communities and schools, to implement broad, innovative flexible programmes, as a platform to engage individuals.
Teaching and associated classroom duties
• To develop and teach an agreed Community/Family Learning programme of study at various times, including evenings, weekends and half term/summer breaks, utilising a variety of approaches that maximises learner engagement and achievement.
• To provide appropriate pre-course, on-course information, advice and assessment to support learners progress and identify potential next steps.
• To negotiate and agree learning outcomes, then monitor, assess, review and record learners progress and achievement.
• To ensure learners are correctly enrolled and report their attendance, progress and achievement
• Provide regular information and data on engagement activities/events, courses and programmes for dissemination and reporting, to Managers and relevant staff.
Other duties Non-Teaching
• To build and develop relationships with individuals and communities, to encourage active participation into local opportunities, eg learning, volunteering and employment.
• In partnership with the Voluntary sector, internal Council departments, Imperial Community Engagement team, Job Centre Plus and other partners, develop a co-ordinated approach to engage with Families and individuals to identify, support and tailor training to address community needs.
• Lead on the development of strong working relationships and clear partnerships with internal, external, communities and schools, to implement broad, innovative flexible programmes, as a platform to engage individuals.
• To have a broad understanding of the barriers individuals face and provide support and strategies to remove these.
• To focus on building confidence and self-esteem amongst families/community groups, to enable them to access services available and to become actively involved within their local community.
• To provide relevant IAG, to enable individuals to be signposted/access support, to complete their learning programme and access additional services where necessary. To promote learning and employment opportunities arising out of major developments in the borough to the community.
• To maintain and update a database of community partners and venues.
• Lead the design, development, management and supervision of courses and programmes within designated area of responsibility that are in line with the services agreed objectives and priorities.
• To monitor and measure the impact from interventions to inform curriculum planning and the Community, Engagement and Development strategy for the service.
• Be responsible for the effective allocation and monitoring of any agreed budgets and designated resources
• To attend evening and weekend community meetings as required.
Interview date: 6 & 7 August 2019.
Closing date: 26 July 2019.
Hammersmith and Fulham LA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.