This is a casual, term time vacancy. Various hours, up to 6 per week
We wish to recruit an outstanding Foreign Language Assistant with German to join our dedicated team and contribute to ensuring our school continues to flourish.
We require a resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated FLA. The candidate should ideally have experience of working in a school environment supporting classes with an enthusiasm for improving students learning. We would like someone with a tolerant and compassionate nature and sense of humour which would be an asset and the ability to work cooperatively within a team setting is also essential.
This school has a strong academic reputation that has gone from strength to strength and shows the hard efforts of staff and pupils. This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the teaching staff in the school and staff from other schools that make up The White Horse Federation. The Ridgeway School is passionate and committed to ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, with high levels of creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1600 students, 210 of which are Sixth Form.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Able to improve pupils' communication skills (in particular oral skills) and develop their knowledge of a different society and culture;
- An excellent Foreign Language Assistant who loves working with students and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Able to plan activities and lessons and produce resources to enable students to improve their language skill;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community and across the federation;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our school;
- Have experience of working with students with social, emotional and mental health difficulties; and be fully aware of the key elements of nurture provision;
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all students.
We can offer you:
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the students in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of students with a passion for learning.
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire, and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values while ensuring that fun and happiness are key attributes of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils, and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training, and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage, or ability.
- Car Purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership scheme
- Reward Gateway discounts
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
- Excellent Pension scheme
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this role, you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before an appointment is confirmed. Please note that references will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview.
The White Horse Federation values uniqueness and recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce. We value the contributions of all staff from a wide range of backgrounds and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. At The White Horse Federation, we believe that everyone should be treated with fairness and respect and share a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at all of our schools. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and operate a fair recruitment process, free from discrimination against the protected characteristics, in line with the Equality Act 2010.