Functional Skills English Tutor (Adult Education) – (Evening classes)
Academic Salary range: (Band 1-2) £23,488-£24,637 pro rata Hourly Paid
Functional Skills English Tutor required, for our adult evening classes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team of adult tutors who are passionate about helping adults achieve their potential and grasp opportunities they felt were no longer possible.
We are looking for someone with experience and a good understanding of Functional English as the class is quite diverse with a range of levels and needs.
The post holder will be expected to:
• Work independently
• Be able to motivate students and help them enjoy learning English
• Ensure students understand the content of the syllabus by habitually delivering good lessons
• Mark assessments such as tests, mock exams and homework assignments accurately and in a timely fashion
• Closely monitor students’ progress and alert relevant parties to emerging issues
• Demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Have a good understanding of the functional skills specifications
• Hold a PGCE or other level 4 teaching qualification, or demonstrate a commitment to obtain an equivalent qualification on the job
Further details can be found in the job description attached.
Closing Date: 16th December 2019 at 9am
PLEASE APPLY NOW - this may be closed once sufficient applications are received.
Safeguarding Statement: Cirencester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.