If you are a suitably qualified and experienced gas engineer with an assessor award & have the ability to motivate, organise, plan and prioritise work and assess and train to a high standard, then you have what it takes to become an Assessor at Coleg y Cymoedd. This is a great opportunity to work within an experienced team for a well-established company that values your contribution, supports your personal development and challenges you to do your absolute best for our learners.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assessor to join our Gas/Plumbing team. Based at our Ystrad Mynach Campus, the successful candidate will join us 37 hours per week on a temporary basis until 31/07/2022 and will receive a number of benefits and a competitive salary depending on qualifications experience. The ideal candidate will be confident in preparing, delivering, and manage effective learning strategies to ensure Learners attain agreed objectives/qualifications and towards preparing our level 3 learners and other applicants for ACS gas assessment.
It is a very exciting time for Coleg y Cymoedd – outcomes for learners have improved significantly, with examples of sector leading practice in some schools, and both academic and vocational programmes achieving outcomes in line with national comparators. We have made a significant investment in the estate, which includes two new campuses at Aberdare and Nantgarw, and a number of industry specific centres of excellence, supported by a range of high-profile employers.
The Gas Assessor will be based at our Ystrad Mynach Campus however you may be required to work at our Aberdare, Nantgarw & Rhondda Campus. Ystrad Mynach is a town in the County Borough of Caerphilly. The campus is approximately 5 miles from Caerphilly town and is approximately 12 miles from Cardiff. The campus is easily accessible by car, bus and train. The nearby Penallta Colliery was the last coal mine in the valley to close. Today, as well as the college, the town houses council offices, a community hospital and a number of schools. Caerphilly County Borough have also invested heavily in a Centre for Sporting Excellence in a bid to create a thriving sporting culture within the region.
• Establish and implement effective classroom/workshop teaching strategies
• Ensure there is an appropriate Scheme of Work and Lesson Plan for each subject
• Effectively plan to meet the needs of learners with learning and/or disabilities
• Use a range of high-quality learning resources
• Previous experience gained from working within the Gas/Plumbing industry,
• Qualified to assess at level 3
• TAQA/Assessor qualification and/or prepared to work towards
• Excellent understanding of “Gas assessments”
• To be able to assess in the workplace on commencement of employment.
• Manage learner behavior and performance
• Regularly review learner understanding of teaching training and assessment objectives
• Make appropriate use of the Virtual Learning Environment to support delivery
• Regularly evaluate Lesson Plans and Schemes of Work
• Ensure lessons are well paced and stimulating in preparation for end assessment
WHAT WE OFFER
The college offers a range of wellbeing and work-life balance benefits to recognise and reward the essential contribution our staff make to our success and growth. To name but a few, you will have access to:
• Final salary pension schemes
• Free on-site parking on all our campuses
• Discounted leisure membership
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Family friendly policies
• Access to free Wi-Fi and Microsoft Office 365
• Staff recognition awards
• Opportunities for development
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Competitive salary
• Industry specific centres of excellence
• Award winning college and team
• Very competitive benefits package
• Excellent opportunities for growth and development
The closing date for applications is: 29/03/2021 at 12 o’clock (noon). If you do not hear from the college by 12/04/2021 you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Stage 1: Interview with Ron Williams/Kath Bishop/Beth Jones & a brief 5-minute micro teach delivery with supporting questions.
Please note: The college would normally obtain references before applicants are invited to interview.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
DO NOT INCLUDE A CV.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its entire staff to share its commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure via the DBS along with a number of other pre-employment checks.