Peripatetic Guitar Teacher
A requirement has arisen for a well-qualified, experienced, flexible teacher of guitar from September 2021. This person will be engaged by school to provide one-to-one or small group tuition via a contract with parents.
Teachers are self-employed and the fees are fixed annually by the Music staff by a majority agreement, and as self-employed teachers, fees are paid directly to the tutor from the parent/guardian. Peppercorn rent for all peripatetic staff is £15 per year.
The Music department offers a lively working environment in excellent, purpose-built accommodation. Students are taught in the Prep School to Year 9 on a 5 lesson/week rotation basis. Students in Years 10 to 13 need to have fixed lessons outside the curriculum i.e. lunchtime, before or after school.
The successful applicant would need to have had experience in teaching across the range of ages. Staff are expected to keep registers and give regular parental feedback. ABRSM exams are held at least twice a year in the Department and Trinity examinations take place annually, depending on candidate numbers.
School hours are 8.30am to 3.40am, with students being taught before school (8am) and after school (until 5pm). Flexibility in working hours may be necessary at times depending on the number of students.
Role Profile: PERIPATETIC MUSIC STAFF
This is a term time agreement. The teacher will work under the direction of the Senior School Director of Music. Fees are paid direct by parents to the teacher. The guitar tutor will:
- Teach single instrument discipline to Howell’s school students, in half hour lessons.
- Keep registers of all students
- Give parental feedback and invoice for lessons
- Provide the Director of Music with a timetable of student’s lessons Provide a 5 lesson/week rotation for Prep School to Year 9 students, and a fixed lesson for students in Years 10 - 13
- Provide a current enhanced DBS certificate and sign up to the Online Update Service
- Teach online when necessary
- Check their Howell’s School email account regularly for school information and new student updates
Completed applications should be submitted, by 5pm on Wednesday 23rd June 2021. Interviews will take place soon after.
Howell's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.