Up to £17,892 (pro rata)
Part time, Permanent
Our superbly equipped new onsite Salon is looking for an experienced Stylist to join the friendly and committed team.
The Salon showcases the commercial workplace experience for our developing Hairdressing students so they truly get to see how a real life salon operates.
To be successful you’ll have real creative flair and ally this with the passion and customer focus to build relationships with clients to keep them coming back. You’ll work to ensure your clients walk away from the salon looking and feeling their best.
In this role you’ll do:
- Keep up to date with the current trends and developments in the industry
- Give a personalised consultation to every clients, and assist colleagues where requested,
- Maintain an inventory to ensure stock levels do not run low,
- Be positive, committed and flexible to do your utmost to give the best service to the clients, and
- Maintain the salon to professional standards
In this role you’ll bring:
- NVQ Level 3 in Hairdressing
- Level 2 English and Maths qualification (or the commitment to gain this), and have
- Recent and relevant successful commercial experience
Full induction into the role will be provided along with mentorship and strong professional supervision.
- Access to the market leading Local Government Pension Scheme
- 33 days annual leave (pro rata) (inclusive of all discretionary and bank holidays)
- Wellbeing and Lifestyle support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform, free access to on-site gym facilities, eye care voucher schemes.
- On-site parking and subsidised restaurants, Costa & Starbucks.
If you are unable to apply on line or require further information please email email@example.com or call 01793 491591.
Closing date: 6th January 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.