The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated Lead Chemistry Teacher to join our fast growing, ambitious and Outstanding Academy from September 2019. We are able to offer key subject responsibilities to the right candidate and as a rapidly developing school, The Kingston Academy will provide you with exceptional opportunities for career development and progression.
The successful candidate for this role will join us at an exciting stage in our development. We will have taken possession of our new modern extension with state-of-the-art STEM facilities to house our growing school. The addition of a new Year 7 intake in September 2019 will take total pupil numbers to over 900, whilst our original History Makers, entering in Year 11, will be in the final year of their KS4 studies. In addition, planning for the development of our Sixth Form will be in full flow.
We invite applications from candidates with the following attributes for this pivotal role:
Passionate about their subject;
- Strong classroom practitioner, with the ability to engage pupils, and experienced in teaching to GCSE and ‘A’ level standard;
- Experienced in curriculum planning and development;
- With the ability to think strategically about the future direction of their subject area;
- Experienced in managing teaching professionals;
- Experienced in performance development;
- Innovative in their approach to engaging pupils in STEM subjects;
- Flexible and committed to engage in the wider curriculum through our Going Beyond and enrichment activities.
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfills the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people. The process will include:
Teaching an observed lesson to a full class of pupils;
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for informal question and answer session;
- Interview with Assistant Head / Deputy Head, Head of Science and Head Teacher.
We look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like to visit the school prior to submitting your application you are very welcome to do so. Our Head of Science would be happy to meet with you to talk about the school and its ethos and more specifically about this role. Please contact Justine Free, PA to the Head Teacher, in order to arrange this. Your application will not be disadvantaged in any sense if you are unable to visit.