Head of Chemistry
Required from April 2020, but start date is flexible
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational Head of Chemistry to lead a successful Chemistry Department which is part of the Science Faculty.
We are looking for a well-qualified Teacher of Chemistry with a passion for the subject and excellent subject knowledge, with good organisational and time management skills. This position would suit an ambitious Teacher of Chemistry or Head of Department looking to make a step towards a senior leadership role.
If you are a good communicator who can enthuse and inspire the teaching of Chemistry and the ways in which it can be further developed and encouraged, we would be delighted to hear from you.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Bristol Free School is a vibrant and successful school, serving the community of North West Bristol. It is situated in a well-connected location, from which it is easy to access the city and motorway network.
Bristol Free School is part of the Russell Education Trust. The school was established in September 2011 and in a short space of time, has become a very successful and oversubscribed school.
The School admits 200 children per year and occupies a mix of refurbished and new buildings which were opened in September 2013, The Sixth Form opened in September 2016.
The school has a strong reputation for STEM and science is valued highly at the school with an excellent A level uptake. The school is particularly proud of the high take-up of STEM subjects at A level from girls, which is well above national average.
We are defending champions of the Salters' Challenge Festival of Chemistry hosted at Bristol University.
- A forward-thinking approach to learning and teaching
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- Bristol Free School is a Russell Education Trust school offering the opportunity for collaborative working and development across the Trust’s 5 schools and excellent CPD opportunities
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- Recent track record of highly effective teaching in KS3 and 4 is essential
- Successful A ‘Level teaching is desirable
- Detailed subject knowledge
YOU WILL BE:
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Well qualified and enthusiastic
- Able to teach Biology and Physics across all key stages
- Passionate about STEM subjects and committed to improving teaching and learning
- Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work within a team
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
If you are an outstanding practitioner with a passion for student learning and you want to be part of a strong department with high aspirations, commensurate with our growing and thriving school, we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date is Wednesday 08 January 2020, but early applications are encouraged.
Interviews w/c 13 January 2020
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our school website.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.