Head of English
Required to start Spring 2020
Full Time – Permanent
Age range 11-18 - Number on roll 1450
Leadership scale L9 – L13
£48,687 - £53,724
We require a permanent Senior Teacher and Head of Department of English to start Spring Term 2020. The person appointed will play a key role in ensuring the success of our college.
We are looking for a passionate, committed and motivated leader who wants to make a difference to the life chances of our students. As we move into a new chapter in our history, we are looking to appoint an ambitious practitioner who thrives on a challenge and who has the skills, drive and determination to make a significant difference to the English department as well as to the wider college community.
Our core purpose is to develop respectful, resilient and successful students. We are looking to appoint a Senior Teacher and Head of Department of English who wants to help us achieve this. In return for this you can expect:-
- to work with a creative and committed team of staff
- to have the opportunity to impact positively upon the lives of our students
- be provided with a tailored CPD programme to allow you to be the best teacher you can be
- the opportunity to teach and lead across three key stages
- to work in a friendly and supportive environment
It is an exciting time to join us! Following the recent merger to become an 11-18 college, we are in the process of having a brand new build to replace part of the site. We are also in the process of joining the LiFE MAT where we will be able to collaborate with and grow a learning community of like-minded professionals.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for further progression as the person appointed will be part of the Leadership Team in the college.
Benefits for Employees
Countesthorpe Leysland Community College has teamed up with UK Healthcare to provide you with a corporate healthcare cash plan scheme for staff. With no need for a medical and all pre-existing conditions fully covered, this plan is designed to help cover your “day to day” healthcare expenditure such as Optical and Dental bills and offers 100% cash back (up to policy limits) for a variety of different medical treatments including:
- Dental – Check-ups, fillings, hygienist fees, X-Rays and dentures
- Optical - Eye tests, glasses, contact lenses, repairs and laser eye surgery
- Wellbeing – Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Chiropractic and Acupuncture
- Health screenings
- A stay in hospital by you or your child
This College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check via the DBS.
CLOSING DATE for applications for this post is Monday 30 September 2019 3pm.