• Are you passionate about helping students to achieve their absolute best?
• Are you a graduate of English with excellent subject knowledge and middle management experience who wants to inspire that passion in young people?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your teaching career?
We invite applications for a Head of English to join our successful department.
Villiers High School is a vibrant, multicultural school located in the heart of the community of Southall in the London Borough of Ealing. We are committed to high standards of teaching and have an innovative approach to education. We place a high value on staff professional learning and it is at the centre of our work. The post holder would join a well-informed and ambitious staff and would benefit from extensive training and development opportunities.
‘"There is clear evidence of strong leadership and management at all levels of the school." Ofsted 2018 (Short inspection)
Full details of the post can be found in the job description and person specification.
• a friendly, supportive and inclusive ethos
• excellent standards in student behaviour
• aspirational students who are willing to learn
• an excellent team of learning support staff and administrative staff
• extensive opportunities for professional development and promotion
• a great chance to make a real difference to young people's lives in West London
• an outstanding teacher
• a person with vision, drive and initiative required to achieve further success
• an enthusiastic, committed and passionate individual, able to motivate and inspire young people and colleagues
• an individual with a 'can do' approach willing to make a significant contribution to the life of the school
How to apply
Application and further details can be obtained by visiting our school website, staff section > vacancies. Please note that the school does not accept CVs. Once completed, please submit your application by email to the HR Manager, Ms Amrit Growan at the email address enclosed with the 'advert' document available to download below.
Closing date: Sunday 7th June
Interviews dates will be confirmed once shortlisting has taken place (interviews may take place over Zoom or Skype in the first instance)
The school is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity. We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. You will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure for the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as Criminals Records Bureau).
Villiers is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safe recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.