Head of Geography
Salary scale: MPS/UPS + TLR (£3,232)
At the Midland Academy Trust, we protect and promote the mental, physical, intellectual, and emotional health of young people. We do this by ensuring they are safe, happy, and successful, enjoying the very best of what has been thought and said in an environment which builds their capacity to become leaders of the future.
A vacancy has arisen for a Head of Geography based at The George Eliot School.
What we can offer you:
• Curriculum Excellence
• Strong Conditions for Learning
• Reducing Teacher Workload
• Developing Staff Expertise
• Serving our Community
The successful candidate will:
• Ensure a clear shared vision for the development of outstanding teaching and learning and a culture of high expectations within relevant subject.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of the relevant subject area.
• Ensure that all staff teaching in the relevant subject area are supported to deliver according to the Academy’s vision, including those who are covering for an absent colleague.
• Identify relevant development issues, and implement an appropriate action plan to ensure improvement within relevant subject area.
• Have experience teaching as demonstrated in student outcomes within the specified subject area(s) in Key Stages 3 and 4
• Degree in relevant subject specialism/QTS
Only Midland Academy Trust applications forms will be accepted.
Closing Date: 26/10/21 11:59pm.
Application forms should be returned to email provided.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS disclosure. Start dates will be conditional upon receipt of satisfactory pre employment checks.
The Midland Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.