HEAD OF GOVERNANCE
26.5 hours per week
Salary: £29,155 - £30,937 per annum (FTE £40,708 to £43,195 per annum)
The Governing Body of Coventry College is seeking to appoint a highly organised and self-motivated Head of Governance with a professional manner and effective communication skills, who can provide authoritative advice and advocacy to the Board.
As a Head of Governance, you should have:
• Level 2 in English and Maths
• A legal qualification / ICSA Qualification or a degree in a relevant subject area , which incorporates an appropriate level of legal expertise
• Experience of taking responsibility for meeting statutory, procedural, regulatory and policy requirements e.g. Standing Orders, Statutory Instruments, Seals and any other Articles of Government
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• Ability to operate with tact, diplomacy and political sensitivity, and a proactive style for addressing issues
• Well-developed organisation, planning and time management skills
• Experience of continuous professional development
The post is part-time for 26.5 hours per week, to be worked over three and ½ days including a Monday and Tuesday, however the successful candidate will need to have a flexible approach to their hours of work.
Coventry College has two campuses, one in Bell Green and one in the City Centre. The successful candidate will need to travel between sites.
As a Head of Governance you will benefit from:
• 34 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• Free on-site parking at both campuses
• A good pension scheme (LGPS)
A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post. You will be required to apply for a DBS check if you are successful.
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Coventry college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.