Head of History
Due to the promotion of the current post holder, Governors are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, inspirational, dynamic and highly motivated permanent Head of History to join our strong, forward-thinking, successful team.
The successful candidate will be teaching in a purpose built new school completed in 2017. The main structure of the school is three storeys high with a sports hall of a similar height linked, via a glass bridge, to a two-storey building that is the school dining hall. This modern design also include a garden, an amphitheatre and a pond. The school boasts a floodlit 3G sports pitch, and fitness suite, along with a multi-use sports pitch for netball and tennis. There is an outstanding performance hall and music suite.
Working in a supportive and enthusiastic department that inspires both learners and colleagues to reach their full potential there will be the opportunity to shape and innovate our learners’ experience as we evaluate and refine our practice in readiness for the new curriculum.
This is a welcoming and thriving environment where you will be mentored and encouraged to progress to middle leadership.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
• have excellent leadership skills
• are passionate about History and are able to enthuse, engage and motivate learners
• deliver creative and engaging lessons which challenge and inspire learners
• are reflective practitioners, always willing to refine and improve their practice, with the highest expectations of themselves and those around them
• are strong team players who are collaborative with first-class interpersonal skills; approachable on both a professional and personal level
• are resilient and driven to ensure that every learner reaches their potential
Closing date for applications: - Midnight Monday 24th May 2021
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement:
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Islwyn High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age.
Islwyn High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.