We’re searching for a Head of History who will inspire our students in the classroom by delivering innovative curricula and by giving them the confidence to think big for themselves as they progress through our academy.
- Set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in your classes
- Select and prepare a range of resources that take in to account all students’ learning needs, languages and cultural backgrounds
- Apply a range of teaching strategies to deliver learning objectives and incorporate inclusive strategies that meet the needs of all learners
- To work collaboratively with other professionals and manage the work of support staff to enhance students’ learning
For a full description of the role, see the job description and person specification. We encourage you to get in touch with any questions.
Make a real difference – Work in a school in the heart of the community
We are a slightly smaller than average secondary school in a nice area just off the M40, 15 minutes from the M25. Our comprehensive intake of students benefit from the excellent pastoral care that smaller schools can often offer, allowing students, staff and parents to all work to ensure that the students in our school achieve the best possible outcomes they deserve. We have made rapid improvements since the Ofsted Report in 2016 and this improvement has continued since becoming part of E-ACT trust.
On joining Bourne End Academy, you will become part of a growing network of E-ACT schools where you will have a variety of opportunities to develop. Our excellent training is bespoke and includes courses and regional training days where you get to work with the many outstanding practitioners across our network while improving the outcomes and opportunities for all the students in our school.
Come and join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Committed to staff development through E-ACT's professional learning programme in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in your mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee benefits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country. E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England. Our academies collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy and extend to people and their communities across the country. We are always on the lookout for dynamic , motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements.
Salary - Main Pay Scale - UPS3 (Fringe)
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and submitting your application and equal opportunities form.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references. E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Bourne End Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.