TLR 1.2 (FTE £10,200 pa)
From January or Easter 2022
We are looking to appoint a committed and experienced teacher as SENDCo to lead and coordinate SEND provision at Hinchley Wood School. For a highly experienced SENDCo, with the NASENCo Award, there is a possibility of an additional enhanced Trust role.
Outcomes for students with SEND at Hinchley Wood School compare favourably with their peers nationally and results show positive value added year on year. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional to build on the strong period of expansion and success led by our current SENDCo and SEND team over the past five years.
Hinchley Wood School also has a NAS Cullum Centre for students who have a primary diagnosis of autism on their EHCP. It caters for 20 high functioning ASD students who have the academic potential to achieve at least five good GCSEs. NAS Cullum Centre students spend the majority of their time in the main school, but the centre provides specialist support from trained staff, such as learning in small groups and therapy sessions, as well as a calm setting to which they can retreat. There is a full time Cullum Centre manager who leads and manages the centre and the new Head of Inclusion would work closely with her.
The successful candidate will lead a strong, well-resourced SEND team that includes 15 Learning Support Assistants (LSAs), KS3 and KS4 managers, a SEND teacher and a full time Access Arrangements Officer. The SENDCo role is non classroom based at the moment but teaching would be an option, should the candidate wish.
We are looking for someone with:
• Experience of working within an inclusive/SEND team;
• Experience of being able to promote an ethos and culture that supports a school’s SEND policy and promotes excellent outcomes for students with SEN and/or a disability;
• An excellent understanding of the current national SEND and Equality Act legislation and how to deploy the SEND code of practice efficiently and effectively within the school;
o Experience of extensive collaboration with parents to support the education of the students with SEN and/or a disability;
o Expertise and confidence to lead whole school INSET;
• Appropriate specialist qualifications in SEND / National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination, or be prepared to work towards this within 2 years of appointment
• Excellent organisational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
Exact responsibilities will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
• a competitive salary - London Fringe Pay Scale plus TLR 1.2;
• a non-class based role;
• an additional enhanced Trust role/allowance may be available for the right candidate
• Two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period;
• Friday afternoon non-contact time;
• Priority admissions criteria for children of staff (see application pack);
• interest free travel/relocation loan;
• cycle to work scheme and on site gym; and
• professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
Hinchley Wood School is an inclusive and high achieving school on the borders of SW London, celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. We are an oversubscribed co-educational academy, with over 1,400 students on roll including 290 in our 6th form; and one of the top 200 performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs.
If you would like to discuss this role prior to application or would like to arrange a visit, please call HR. Contact details and application packs are available here or from our website.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 11th November 2021 (noon)
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check.