HEAD OF LITERACY [CURRICULUM & TEACHING DEVELOPMENT]
Job start: Required for January 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Salary: Salary Range Leadership points L10 to L14 (Outer London)
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Thank you for your interest in working at West Lea School. We are seeking a dynamic individual, who will continue to inspire and motivate our staff and support and encourage our pupils to make excellent progress, whatever their starting point or situation. We are looking for a person with the appropriate expertise and experience who can demonstrate vision, resilience and empathy and can evidence the capacity to deliver both high support and high challenge. We are a ‘values-based’ organisation and, as such, we expect our leaders to embody our values. A Leader at West Lea School is someone who knows what is important to him/her and who uses their values, and those of the school, as a guide and a motivator. We are seeking a leader who ‘walks the talk’ and demonstrates their commitment to our values in an intentional way, using them as a touchstone to define actions, make decisions and fulfil our collective mission.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
• Is an accomplished teacher with the wealth of classroom theory, practice and experience necessary to model effective teaching and learning across the curriculum.
• Has a commitment and passion to work with pupils with a wide and diverse range of SEN and can embrace the school’s vision, aims and ethos of ‘Learning for life’.
• Has a clear vision and can demonstrate strong leadership and effective management skills.
• Is an exceptionally enthusiastic and committed leader to manage and motivate children and staff, and can lead, motivate and inspire teams to raise standards in student outcomes.
• Has the ability to lead and manage the development of literacy and reading across all subject areas including the strategic development and delivery of the English curriculum across all campuses.
The appointed candidate will work closely with the Director of Education for curriculum, teaching and learning but also with other senior colleagues in all areas of school organisation and improvement. She/ he/they will also work in partnership with heads of campus (Heads of Campuses/schools) and their teaching teams to ensure coherent and cohesive teaching and learning of reading, English, wider literacy and within and across phases.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a successful, continuously improving, innovative and supportive school, taking a lead role in an exciting phase of its development.
• The chance to join a talented, highly committed and supportive staff team.
• The opportunity to take a lead role in a school of independence and opportunity, with an ethos of empowering each child to be as independent as possible.
West Lea School is a popular and successful school. We are very proud of the school community and the way that we work together with the local area and in partnership with both mainstream schools and colleges, in a positive climate where students have every opportunity to thrive and succeed in acquiring a set of skills that enable them to experience “Learning for Life”.
Closing Date: 26th November 2021
Assessment Centre: w/c 29th November 2021 (shortlisted candidates)
Interview Dates: w/c 6th December 2021
West Lea School, Staff and the governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Our recruitment process is rigorous and appointments made are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, a medical check and satisfactory references.