Head of Post-19
You will report directly to the CEO and work as part of the BeyondAutism Senior Management Team. You will be pivotal in growing and developing our Post-19 service, but most importantly helping to change the lives of young adults who are setting out on the next stage of their life.
Salary: Inner London L6 – L13 (£51,991 - £60,376), dependent on previous experience and qualifications
Hours: 37.5 per week
Start Date: April 2020
Location: The Post 19 service is based across two hubs in Hammersmith (W12) and Wandsworth (SW18)
You will be instrumental in ensuring that the ethos and environment of Post-19 fulfils the mission of BeyondAutism, which is to transform through education the lives of young adults. You will deliver this by ensuring the highest standards of educational practice available. You will join a supportive staff team where teamwork, flexibility and a positive attitude are essential attributes.
- A degree educated service leader and qualified teacher, further education teacher or lecturer, you will have significant leadership experience of the Post-16/19 sector
- An in-depth knowledge of relevant curriculum programmes, budget & resource management
- a proven track record of positive career progression in a relevant sector
- a natural at managing a team
Why Choose us?
BeyondAutism is a charity dedicated to empowering children and young people with autism to lead fuller lives through positive educational experiences, training for those working with them and support for their families and carers. We successfully run Independent Special Schools for children aged 4-19, a Post-19 service, Outreach and Training and an Early Years’ service. Our two schools have recently received 'Outstanding' Ofsted ratings. You will join a supportive staff team where teamwork, flexibility and a positive personality are essential attributes.
Our fundamental objective is to provide an education which equips young people with autism for adulthood. BeyondAutism is committed to the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (using Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behaviour). To find out more about more, please visit our website.
What we Offer
• An excellent in-house professional training programme supporting your develop within the field of special needs and education
• A range of fantastic staff benefits
• Ongoing support from a dedicated team who shares in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives
• Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training
Closing date: Friday 28th February 2020
Interview date: Monday 9th March 2020