Purpose & Key Accountabilities
To ensure that learners develop their skills and knowledge to succeed and progress into further study or employment. You will do this by:
• Ensuring that learners are on appropriate course leading to progression
• That an appropriate programme of study is provided to all learners to meet their educational and personal needs and that learners receive realistic, achievable targets to aid progression
• Ensuring that within your team an ethos of positive behavior and encouragement in commonly enjoyed
• Ensuring that your staff understand and practice their responsibilities in regard to safeguarding
• Ensuring that teaching and learning is challenging, enjoyable and informative leading to the development of skills and is based on out learners’ prior knowledge and experience; that attendance and punctuality are promoted and learners are retained and progress onto the next level of study or employment
• To raise standards of learners’ attainment and achievement within the curriculum area and to monitor and support learner progress.
• Day to day management of staff within the team, taking responsibility for their deployment and development within the framework agreed by the Faculty Head
As a Head of School the appointee will be expected to:
• Manage an area of delivery within the curriculum ensuring smooth day-to-day running of provision ensuring that students receive a quality service and that staff receive guidance and day-to-day operational support.
• Be responsible for carrying out all related duties and responsibilities required as part of a teaching commitment.
Operational Management and Planning
• In conjunction with the Deputy Faculty Head be responsible for curriculum planning processes related to completion of CMF, timetabling, setting of course targets
• Work with the Deputy Faculty Head to support recruitment, admissions and marketing activities, ensuring a responsive and prompt service to prospective students
• Under the guidance of the Faculty management implement and deliver that plan within the Faculty and the monitoring of recruitment, achievement and efficiency throughout the year.
• Under the guidance of the Deputy Head of Faculty, ensure the faculty vision and plans are clearly and effectively communicated to staff within the department.
• Be responsible for effective monitoring and review against targets on courses and taking remedial action as appropriate
• In conjunction with the Deputy of Faculty contribute to Faculty training plans.
• Support and management of all programmes within the Faculty.
• Operational management of programmes with the department, meeting targets agreed with the Faculty Head or Deputy Faculty Head, ensuring that all courses are delivered effectively and efficiently and that learners are appropriately supported
• Ensuring all programmes are operating within the College’s quality systems, are delivered to a high standard and are providing learners with the opportunities to succeed.
• Contribute to the development and operational management of an inclusive curriculum and learning environment for learners, one in which diversity is reflected and valued and expectations of success are high
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate