Required: September 2020
Closing Date: 1pm on Monday 2nd March 2020
The Directors of Uffculme Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a talented and motivational Head of Year for Holyrood Academy,
As a Head of Year and secondary teacher the successful applicant will be responsible for the daily pastoral and co-curricular life of our students. This position would be suited to a candidate with a proven track record of pastoral care, collaborative leadership and skilled communication In return we can offer wide ranging career development, excellent support and access to some of the best leaders in the South West. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who embodies our key values of equality, ambition and excellence. We are seeking an individual who inspires confidence and trust, who builds exceptional relationships with staff, students and families and who wants to work in a school which is both high performing and inclusive.
We believe that the key to a successful school is a great culture and we are looking for a leader to build and develop our ethos inside and outside of the classroom securing high levels of buy in from all stakeholders.
We are looking for a Head of Year who :-
- Is an outstanding leader with proven track record of school improvement
- Has excellent leadership expertise
- Has expert knowledge of a secondary setting
- Is committed to the ideals of comprehensive education and inclusive school
What can you expect from us:
- A supporting, friendly and caring work environment a highly professional, talented, innovative and happy teaching and support team who are committed to progression and change in order to further the development of the school
- A supportive Trust who are keen to develop individuals at every stage of their career.
- Access to some of the best educational leaders in the South West Automatic
- access to Benenden Health provider as part of the Trust's commitment to staff health and well-being
Full details regarding the post can be found in the information pack attached.
If you would like to visit the Academy please contact Tina Coles, Business Manager at the Academy to arrange a visit.
If you would like an informal chat about the post please contact the Academy to speak to Headteacher, Mr Dave MacCormick.
Holyrood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.