Bensham Manor School London Borough of Croydon
Date posted: 14th November 2019
Start date: 1st September 2020
Contract type: Full Time Salary: L29 – L 35 (OLA)
Contract term: Permanent
Governors are seeking an exceptional leader with a track record of school improvement
Are you our new Head Teacher?
Bensham Manor School is a good community Special school for up to 225 pupils aged 11-19. We provide a bespoke education for pupils who have moderate learning difficulties and autism. A number of our children have behavioural difficulties arising from their condition and many have communication difficulties. In an attractive, adapted Victorian building in North West Croydon we have ‘state of the art’ facilities that enable us to offer our pupils the full range of the National Curriculum as well as a broad and balanced curriculum matched to their individual needs. Bensham Manor School is one of six successful specialist schools in Croydon, also working collaboratively with four schools with similar designations in London and the South East.
The successful candidate will be:
- A Headteacher or Deputy of a Special School with NPQH
- Experienced in working with children with relevant SEN(D) and their families.
- An innovative and creative thinker.
- Experienced in motivating staff and leading by example.
- Committed to school improvement through a coaching culture and partnership working.
- Flexible and positive about change.
- Calm and cool under pressure.
- Clear thinking in establishing and developing the school’s priorities and targets.
- Capable of budgetary oversight of the school’s finances.
Bensham Manor School will provide:
- A highly supportive, multi-professional team approach.
- The chance to nurture a brilliant group of children and young people.
- A dedicated, talented and committed staff team.
- A committed and experienced leadership team.
- A supportive governing body which is committed to your ongoing professional development.
Candidates are warmly invited to visit the school.
To arrange a visit please contact the current Headteacher Phil Poulton, who retires this summer after 11 years in post.
Application closing date: Friday 6th December 2019 at 9am.
Interviews: Week of 13th January 2020
Bensham Manor School values equality and diversity and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment practices, including an enhanced DBS check.
Bensham Manor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.